Monday, March 4, 2019

Day 3: What is Your Goal?

I talk a lot about my goals for this challenge, but I feel that my real over-arching goal is to help connect you with yours. What do you dream of for our world? What future do you want to see for your children or nieces or nephews?

We all have different roles in this world. I feel my role is a connector, courier, switchboard operator.

I've been able to travel a few places around the world to meet a handful of locals who are humbly serving and protecting some of society's most vulnerable every day.

They are sacrificing and taking risks, giving up comforts to serve orphans and trafficking survivors in extreme conditions, facing challenges so far beyond what we can imagine.

These seven individuals are like family to me, our partners who oversee orphan homes, schools, and trafficking rehabilitation homes in some of the most difficult places on earth.

So if your goal is to make a difference in this world, I am connecting you with my friends abroad who are on the "front lines" of this effort struggling every day to make ends meet with their limited resources as they strive to serve these who would otherwise be lost and forgotten.

By sponsoring one of these hearts on the "heart chart" of this challenge, you can fulfill a part of your own goal to see a better future for our world.

The idea is that by simply taking a small portion of your income to empower those less fortunate, you can bring more hope to our world.

Mother Teresa said, "If you can't feel a hundred people, then feed just one."

Wouldn't you say it's a noble (and practical, reasonable) goal to make sure just one hungry child is lifted out of hopelessness, hunger, and poverty?

And I'm not even talking about a daily donation, we are talking about a monthly donation of a small amount.

So jump in and fulfill one of the greatest goals of your heart- to really change a life, to offer healing to a trafficking survivor, to offer belonging and hope to an orphan, by simply giving up that which you barely notice, to make a difference that means everything to another!

So thankful to report that someone took a step toward fulfilling such a goal for themselves yesterday by sponsoring the $13/month heart! Evidence of someone resisting indifference to make a difference!

Ready to achieve your goal? 

Just tap on this chart which will take you to a donation page for the non-profit I founded 25 years ago, Peace Gospel / She Has Hope, enter the amount of the heart you'd like to sponsor, choose a day of the month you'd like to donate each month, enter your details and you're done!

Then tomorrow I'll update the chart again to reflect our collective progress toward changing the world one heart at a time!


Each day of the challenge I also like to share some scenes from our programs around the world, my photos of the people who struggle and those who benefit from our help through this effort.

Today I bring you some photos of hope from our "She Has Hope" girls home in India, evidence of how this project is really working to bring smiles to the faces of orphans, to show you how, together, we are giving hope to one child at a time!

6 out of 10 of these orphan girls are trafficking survivors, a sobering reminder of how much work there is left to be done to bring hope and healing to a broken world. But their smiles are evidence of your donations at work! 








For those following along to see how I'm faring on $1 of food per day, here are my meals from Sunday.

My breakfast improvisation was great, my lunch creation was ok (tostadas with bean, rice, carrot mix), and dinner, the simple pasta with tomato sauce my girlfriend made was amazing.





Take Action!

1) Please consider helping me reach my goal to find 50 new "Sustainers"— donors willing to give a small amount each month toward our work helping vulnerable children and trafficking survivors. Go here and enter the amount you would like to give monthly!

2) Please visit my unofficial sponsor, Amazon.com through this link. 7% of your purchases made through the link are given to the work of Peace Gospel's programs helping orphans, at-risk children of the slums, and human trafficking survivors.



3) If you're compelled by my effort here, please share it with friends. One of the main goals is awareness. So if you can help with that, huge.

4) Leave me feedback. Please comment on this post, especially if you have any ideas about what I should try to cook with these ingredients I have available. I love hearing from you! It really helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment