Saturday, March 2, 2019

Day 2: Seven Hearts Filled!

I started out this morning checking my messages to discover I already have 7 of my 50 hearts filled on the monthly "heart-chart" goal of this campaign! This total of new monthly support for our orphan care and human trafficking response programs comes to $240 in new support that we can count on each month! A huge thanks to those of you who have helped my campaign get off to such a great start!

In the developing world, hundreds of millions of people live on less than $1 of food per day. Millions struggle to find the next meal every day. This extreme poverty leads to disease, death, orphaned children, and a desperation and vulnerability that leads to human trafficking.

One of the goals of my challenge is to gain more support for the orphan care and human trafficking response programs of the charity I lead, to protect, provide for, and empower these most vulnerable survivors with the hope of a brighter future. See PeaceGospel.org and SheHasHope.org to learn more about these important programs.

If you want to help me reach my charitable goal, simply tap on the chart below and on the next page enter the amount you'd like to sponsor monthly, choose which day of the month you'd like the donation to go through, enter your details, and you're done! Then tomorrow I'll update the chart with your monthly amount filled in as I've done with these below. Progress!


Tonight I'd like to highlight the kind people of the island of Cebu in the Philippines, where the Peace Gospel Children's Hope Center is providing education and nutritious and delicious meals for orphans and at-risk children. These scenes will give you an idea of the gratitude for simple, nutritious meals that your support of these programs provides these children.

These programs need consistent monthly support to ensure the continued protection and care of these children. That's where the heart-chart above comes in! You can be a part of their hope.





On to today's meals (and a real treat of a snack)! Today we learned how to make homemade tortillas, and let me just tell you, it is making ALL the difference compared to my previous challenges when I was using store-bought corn tortillas that were becoming a bit stale by the end of the challenges. LITTLE CHANGES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

Breakfast. ▼



Lunch. These were amazing! ▼






Snack. A major score at Fiesta Mart was the $1.29 sale on chocolate cake mix. A small slice paired with 3 frozen banana slices, and it was a real treat! ▼



Dinner. An improvised chimichanga recipe stuffed with refried beans and carrots, topped with a bit of pasta sauce, and a side of french fries. ▼




Take Action!

1) Please consider helping me reach my goal to find 50 new "Sustainers"— donors willing to give a small amount each month toward our work helping vulnerable children and trafficking survivors. Go here and enter the amount you would like to give monthly!

2) Please visit my unofficial sponsor, Amazon.com through this link. 7% of your purchases made through the link are given to the work of Peace Gospel's programs helping orphans, at-risk children of the slums, and human trafficking survivors.



3) If you're compelled by my effort here, please share it with friends. One of the main goals is awareness. So if you can help with that, huge.

4) Leave me feedback. Please comment on this post, especially if you have any ideas about what I should try to cook with these ingredients I have available. I love hearing from you! It really helps!



No comments:

Post a Comment